Connect with us

Entertainment

Kevin Spacey criticizes new documentary about alleged abuse in video

Avatar

Published

on

Kevin Spacey criticizes new documentary about alleged abuse in video

Kevin Spacey has responded to abuse allegations against him in the new document ‘Spacey Unmasked’ via a video response on X, formerly known as Twitter.

Journalist Dan Wootton interviewed Spacey in a long video titled “Right of Reply,” and Spacey claimed, “I have nothing left to hide.”

“Why didn’t you just deny it?” Wootton asked about Anthony Rapp’s early accusation. Spacey said he didn’t know what to do. “I honestly don’t remember the meeting. If I then behaved as he described, I owe him a sincere apology for what would have been highly inappropriate drunken behavior,” Spacey read from his statement to Buzzfeed at the time.

Wootton suggests that Rapp brought up his accusations out of jealousy, while Spacey explains how he initially did not understand the assault allegations, thinking Rapp’s motive was to expose his homosexuality. “I will never again apologize for something I didn’t do,” he says.

Spacey says he would have preferred to take the stage if he had won an Emmy, saying, “It sure is nice to hold a woman for a change.” However, he did not win in 2016 and 2017.

He also tells Wootton about his confusion about modern romantic encounters. “What are the rules of engagement here?” he asks rhetorically.

“No one in Hollywood has ever given me a way back,” Spacey continues. “There are no teaching materials. I wasn’t given any boxes to check, nothing. It seems some are content to cancel me forever. It is a life sentence.”

“Spacey Unmasked” will air on Channel 4 in Britain on May 6 or 7 and has also been acquired by Max for the US. The two-part documentary contains previously unheard testimonies about the actor’s life. alleged sexually inappropriate behaviorincluding an allegation that he groped another “House of Cards” actor on set and an accusation that he made an “aggressive sexual move” on a classmate in high school.

Spacey spoke out against the doctor for the first time on Thursday in a post on expressed and provided me with sufficient detail to investigate these matters. Channel 4 has refused to do so because they believe that asking for a response within seven days to new, anonymised and non-specific allegations is a ‘fair opportunity’ for me to refute any allegations against me. I will not sit back and be attacked by a dying network’s one-sided ‘documentary’ about me in their desperate bid for ratings.”

He added: “There is a proper channel to deal with allegations against me and it is not Channel 4. Whenever I have been given the time and proper forum to defend myself, the allegations have not been scrutinized and I was acquitted. Tune in this weekend to see my reaction http://X.com/kevinspacey. Channel 4 and [doc producers] RoastBeefTV may be ‘speechless,’ but I won’t be anymore.”

Spacey has denied all allegations against him since they arose in the wake of the #MeToo movement in 2017. In 2022, a jury in New York concluded that he had not abused actor Rapp, who had accused him of sexual assault in the early 1980s. when Rapp was 14. And last year, a jury in London found Spacey not guilty of nine charges of sexual assault by four complainants. Several other charges and lawsuits have been dropped.